West Bengal Digital Ration Card: The government should mandate the issuance of a Ration Card, as it is one of the most crucial documents for the residents of India. The card provides access to subsidized goods and other benefits from government schemes. This article aims to take our readers through the significance of ration cards in India. The article provides the following:
- A step-by-step guide on the application process.
- Checking the application status.
- A guide to verify the list of ration cards available in the West Bengal State for 2023.
- Furthermore, it discusses the West Bengal Digital Ration Card for 2023.
West Bengal Digital Ration Card
The government of West Bengal state in India has introduced a new concept of a digital ration card, which will make the ration card of the residents of West Bengal State available digitally. Through implementing the West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS), citizens can avail many benefits, as they will not have to carry the old paper ration card everywhere. Moreover, the digital ration card will make it very convenient for residents to provide it at any given time. This digital ration card is a significant step towards digitalization, which has been ongoing in India for a long time.
West Bengal Digital Ration Card Update
The West Bengal government has initiated a scheme to facilitate citizens of the state who are yet to avail of digital ration cards. The government has introduced ration coupons to ensure that such individuals do not face any hurdles in accessing essential commodities during these difficult times.
Various authorities such as district headquarters, BDO, SDO, or the concerned department of the municipality are providing citizens with ration coupons for a nominal rate of Rs. 5 per kilogram, which can be availed for six months from the start of the lockdown. The government has also announced subsidized rates for ration during the lockdown period.
Here is a detailed breakdown of the subsidized rates for the essential commodities:
|Rice||Rs. 2 per Kg|
|Wheat||Rs. 3 per Kg|
Key Highlights Of West Bengal Digital Ration Card
|Name of the scheme||WBPDS|
|Launched by||West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS)|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of West Bengal state|
|Objective||Providing food items at a subsidized price|
West Bengal Digital Ration Card Dealership Eligibility
To apply for a ration dealership in West Bengal, citizens can visit the official website and fulfil certain conditions.
- These include having adequate space for loading and unloading stocks, access to a computer for capturing details of ration card holders, knowledge of reading and writing the local language, availability of a sufficient warehouse to store materials and groceries, and submission of a land conversion certificate for the shop-cum-godown.
- The applicant must submit details such as the lease or rental agreement if the godown is rented.
WB Digital Ration Card Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to avail of the benefits of the new WBPDS scheme, the applicant must adhere to the following eligibility criteria as established by the concerned authorities:
- The applicant must be a legal and permanent resident of West Bengal State.
- The applicant must not possess a ration card.
- If the applicant has previously applied for a temporary ration card and their ration card has expired, they can apply for a new one under the scheme.
- West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
- Newlyweds are also eligible to apply for new ration cards under the scheme.
Documents Required for West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
- Mobile number for validation.
- Aadhaar Card for identification.
- Voter Id/ EPIC for identification.
- PAN Card
- Email ID
- Old ration card (as applicable)
- Age proof
WB Digital Ration Card Application OFFLINE Process
To apply for the West Bengal digital ration card through the offline mode, the applicant must follow the following application steps as finalized by the concerned authorities:
- First, download the ration card forms by clicking on the link provided here-
- The applicant must fill in the downloaded form with the necessary details and attach the required documents.
- Finally, the completed form should be submitted to the office of the concerned rationing officer, inspector, or Food Supply officer.
West Bengal Digital Ration Card Application ONLINE Process
To submit an application for your Ration card via online mode, you can follow the simple steps provided below:
- Firstly, visit the official website provided here.
- On the homepage, click “Click here to apply” for Non- Subsidized Ration or Conversion to Non-Subsidized Ration Card.
- Enter your mobile number and click on the “GET OTP” option.
- Enter the OTP and click the “VALIDATE” tab to validate the number.
- Select your choice and fill in the application form.
- Click on the “SHOW MEMBER” button, and the details appear.
- By clicking on the “Add Another Member” tab, applicants can add the details of other family members.
- Finally, click on the “SAVE AND VIEW APPLICATION” tab, verify the details, and click the “SUBMIT” button.
- The application number will be generated. Please keep it safe for future use.