Online Passport Application:Over the years, globalization has facilitated global travel. However, unlike domestic travel, overseas travel requires the traveler to have a passport. As a result, the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs often receives many passport applications. You can learn how to apply for a passport in India using the instructions in this article.
Online Passport Application 2023
The government created the Passport Seva portal to meet the growing demand for passports. It makes it easy for people nationwide to apply for passports, pay fees and book appointments. Through the Passport Seva website, Indian citizens can submit passport applications online. The Foreign Office processes every passport application online. The process of renewing your visa can also be done online.
Key Highlights of Online Passport Application
|Name||Passport Application Online|
|Password issued by||Ministry of Foreign Affairs|
How to Apply Online for a Passport Application form?
How to Log in to Passport Seva?
The steps to access the Passport Seva website are as follows:
- Go to the official Passport Seva website and select the “Apply” section.
- If you already have an account, log in with your user ID and password.
- If this is your first time using the service, you must register and set up an account. To register, please follow the instructions below:
- To register, click Register Now.
- Enter your login information. After entering the verification code, select “Register.”
Choose the Application Type
After logging in, you must choose a service from the following options:
- Fresh passport/passport reissue
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Diplomatic passport/official passport
- Identity Certificate
How to Fill the passport application online form?
The application form can be filled out offline or online. Follow the instructions below to complete the application form offline:
- To access the electronic application form, please click on the link provided.
- A link to the electronic version of the form will then be visible. Depending on the type of application, download the appropriate form:
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Identity Certificate
- Fill out the online application form and press the “Upload e-form” button.
- The next step is to upload the completed application.
- An online application form is also available for filling and submission. The process may start partially and complete later. It is advisable to double-check the form before sending it by email.
- Make an appointment, pay and book.
After filling out the form, you will need to pay the fee. You must also submit your application and any other required documents to the nearest Passport Seva office, where you can pay the fee online or in person. The next step is to make an appointment at the most convenient Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or the relevant passport office. Appointments can be made using any of the following methods:
- View saved/submitted applications by going to the Applicant Home tab and clicking on it.
- The information in the completed application form will be visible. Choose the ARN of the form you just sent.
- From the list of options, select Pay and Book.
- Next, choose one of the two payment methods offered – online or via challan.
Note: When paying for a Tatkaal appointment, the online fee is the same as the standard passport fee. The remaining payment must be made at PSK on the day of the appointment. Credit cards, debit cards, internet banking or SBI Bank challan, can be used for online payment.
How to Change Name in Passport in India Online Offline
After successfully paying the application fee, the applicant can “Follow the Payment Status” on the website. Additionally, a follow-up email will be sent.
- Take the challan to the SBI branch and pay the necessary cash there. (Note: This can only be done three hours after the 85-day challenge is generated).
- The receiving bank staff should then provide a copy of the challan upon request.
- The bank will verify the ARN information on the challan within two days.
- Next, choose a payment method.
Scheduling the Appointment for passport application online
To make an appointment:
- Select your preferred PSK on the Pay and Schedule Appointment page.
- Select the available dates from the available time frame that works for you. There, candidates have to choose a PSK based on the dates available.
- In the third step, you must enter the verification code to confirm your appointment time.
- Select “Pay and Book” in the next step.
- Information about the application will be displayed, including ARN, name, application type, required payment amount, contact information, and appointment date.
- You will be sent to the payment gateway if you want to pay online.
Once your payment has been properly processed, you will receive an appointment number and confirmation. SMS will also be used to distribute information. Print an application receipt. Today, all PSKs accept SMS as a valid appointment confirmation.
If multiple payments are made for the same appointment, application, or ARN, the RPO will refund the excess. Passport appointments can be extended twice a calendar year after the initial appointment. However, you must make the appointment on time if you are late.
How to apply for a service passport or diplomatic passport online
Diplomatic or service passports are issued to persons on diplomatic status or traveling abroad on business with the Government of India. This document also serves as proof of identity and address. The Consular, Passport and Visa (CPV) Section of Patiala House, New Delhi, is usually the only place to accept diplomatic and service passport applications. The applicant’s current address is where you may also choose to submit your application.
The following advice will help candidates wishing to submit their official or diplomatic passport application online:
- Go to Passport Seva Kendra’s official website and click the ‘Sign Up Now‘ link.
- They will then be issued an ID when logging into the Passport Seva online portal.
- Next, applicants must click the “Apply for a Diplomatic Passport” link.
- After that, the required form must be downloaded, completed and submitted along with the necessary supporting documents.
- On the next page, under “View Saved/Submitted Applications,” click the “View/Print Submitted Forms” link to print your completed application.
- A hard copy of the online application form must be submitted to the Consular Passport and Visa Section, Patiala House, Passport Office, New Delhi, along with the originals of all required documents.
How to Submit an e-Form
- The steps required to submit the electronic form are as follows:
- Go to the official website of Passport Seva.
- Click the “Download e-form” option on the home page.
- Fill out the form with reliable information.
- Select the “Validate and Save” option (an XML file will be generated and must be uploaded later)
- On the home page, select the “Sign Up Now” link.
- Sign in with your registered ID.
- Select the XML file created in Step 4 by clicking Upload Spreadsheet at that step.
- On the View Saved/Submitted Applications screen, click Make Payment and Schedule Appointment to get started. Debit or credit cards, SBI challans, online banking services of affiliated banks, etc., are all acceptable payment methods.
- Select the ‘Print Application Receipt’ link (it is not necessary to print this link as you can also present the text message with application details at the office).
- Visit the Regional Passport Office or Passport Seva Kendra with your original documents on the day of your appointment.