How to Apply Duplicate Voter Id Card Online: The Election Commission of India issues an identification card, commonly called a voter ID card, to anyone over 18. It primarily serves as a way of identifying oneself and for people to exercise their democratic right to vote. Once your voter ID card has been issued, you can use it to vote for life. If the original card is stolen, misplaced, damaged or rendered useless, you may request a replacement card.
Duplicate Voter Id Card 2023
TN Seshan was the Chief Election Commissioner who first created Voter ID. Voter ID cards are valid for the lifetime of the holder. It enables those who own it to vote in local, state or federal elections. The Election Commission began laminating voter ID cards to prevent tearing and mutilation in 2015. However, there is a danger of misplacing.
You can request a replacement card if you mistake your voter ID card. However, copying can only be requested in specific circumstances. You can travel to Nepal and Bhutan with an Indian Voter ID Card. The applicant can ask for a copy of the original voter card is lost. Copies of voter ID cards provided by ECI are also considered authentic and can be used as KYC documents and for voting.
Key Highlights of Duplicate Voter Id Card
|Name of Post||Duplicate Voter Id Card|
|Issued by||The Indian Election Commission|
|Objective||To issue Duplicate Voter Id Card|
Steps to Apply for Duplicate Voter Id Card Online
To apply for a duplicate voter ID card online, users need to follow the steps below:
- First, go to the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer
- The home page of the site will open on the screen.
- Now, download the EPIC-002 form and pick up the printout
- Fill in the form with all required details such as name, name of next of kin, residential address, location, etc.
- After that, attach copies of all required documents and forms like FIR, Aadhaar Card, etc.
- Upon successfully submitting the form, you will be issued a reference number; please keep it safe for future reference.
- Once your application has been reviewed and verified, you will be notified to pick up the card at your local elections office.
Steps to Apply for Duplicate Voter Id Card Offline
To apply for a duplicate voter ID card offline, users need to follow the steps below:
- First, go to your nearest local elections office
- Obtain the EPIC-002 form for card issuance from the relevant official
- Now, fill in all the required details in the form
- After that, append all required files to the table:
- Copy of FIR
- Proof of identity includes a passport copy, transportation card, driver’s license, ration card, etc.
- Proof of address, e.g., copy of electricity bill, gas bill, telephone bill, passport, etc.
- After submitting the required documents and application, the applicant will be given a reference number which can be used to track the application’s progress.
- Once the validity of the application and supporting documents have been successfully verified, election officials will issue a copy of the voter identification card to the applicant.
- The applicant will be notified of the issuance of a copy of the voter card, which they can pick up in person at the election office.
Requirements for Requesting Duplicate Voter Id Card
Duplicate voter cards may be requested in the following cases:
- If your voter card is stolen
- If you lose or misplace your card
- If your card is damaged and cannot be processed at the booth,
Some important documents required to apply for a duplicate voter ID are as follows:
- Passport size photographs
- Duly filled Application Form No EPIC-002
- Proof of address
- Proof of identity
- FIR copy
Steps to Track the Application Status of Duplicate Voter ID Cards
To track application status, users need to follow these steps:
- First, go to the official website of the National Voter Services Portal.
- The home page of the site will open on the screen
- Click on the Track Application Status tab
- A new page will open on the screen
- Now, select the state and enter the reference ID
- Finally, click the Track Status button to track the application status.