Affordable Rental Housing Scheme 2022 2022:- PM Narendra Modi has launched a new scheme under the objective of Atma Nirbhar Bharat. The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is launching the Affordable Rental Housing Scheme for the people who are really poor and this will help to significantly improve the daily life of migrants and the poor people in India.
In this article, today we will share with you the details about the new scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This scheme will also be carried out under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana for the urban population. In this article, you will learn about all the details related to the scheme including the eligibility criteria, education criteria and also the step by step procedure to apply for it without any hassle.
About Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
The Affordable Rental Housing scheme helps people such as migrants and poor people living in urban populations. Under this scheme, the existing state-financed vacant homes in the cities are converted into the Affordable Rental Housing Scheme according to the public-private partnership model or by the public authorities. This is a centrally sponsored scheme. Under this scheme, the construction and operation and maintenance of affordable rental housing complexes available on vacant lots will be built.
This scheme will help create at least 40 houses with basic infrastructure. The houses will consist of a single room up to 30 square meters and a double room up to 60 square meters. These houses will have a living area, kitchen, toilet, bathroom and bed. This is established by the local authorities and entertainers and they can be operated for a minimum of 25 years.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) 2022
Affordable Rental Housing Scheme Deduction Extended Till 2022
An Affordable Rental Housing Scheme has been launched by PM Narendra Modi to provide homes for migrant workers. It is an initiative of the national government to provide housing for everyone by 2022. To encourage affordable rental housing, the cabinet has made a number of announcements in the trade union budget 2021-2022. The government has allowed tax exemptions for registered affordable housing for migrant workers.
- The 1.5 lakh interest deduction for affordable rental housing will also be extended by one year, i.e. in 2022. The budget speech also announced that there would be tax exemption for rental housing.
- The government is also announcing certain new tax exemptions for affordable rental housing.
- Now migrant workers can get affordable rental housing. This scheme was launched under the initiative of the Prime Minister of Housing for All in 2022.
Heighlights of Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
|Scheme Name||Affordable Rental Housing Scheme|
|Announced By||PM Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiary||Poor People Of India|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Beneficiaries Under Affordable Rental Housing Scheme 2022
- EWS or LIG Categories
- LIG households are defined as families with an annual income between Rs. 3,00,001 (rupees three lakh one) to Rs. 6,00,000
- Urban migration or poor people living in urban areas
- The scheme also includes
- street vendors
- Rickshaw pullers and other basic service providers
- It also includes factory workers and migraines who work in
- Market or trade association
- Education and health institution
- Hospitality sector
- Long-term tourists visited
- Or other vulnerable categories.
Objective Of ARHSc
- Assisting the vision of Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan created by the Prime Minister
- Offering affordable rental housing to urban migrants and poor people
- Achieving the goal of housing for all
- Providing the poor people with the necessary amenities in society
- Creating a positive environment for all poor people
- Creating leverage for investments
- Helping the staff
- Building houses on fallow land
Background Of ARHCs Scheme
Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission and Rajiv Awas Yojana was launched in the year 2005 and operated till the year 2014. The aim was to provide pucca houses to the slum dwellers on the basis of ownership. A number of people benefited from the scheme. A total of 13.83 lakh houses have been created and about 12.24 lacs houses have been completed so far. The remaining houses have still not been created by the relevant authorities and about 1.08 lakh houses under the schemes are still empty. Much of this fallow land lies unused. This program of affordable rental housing has been launched to utilize these vacant lots available in different types of areas in the country.
Model For Houses Under Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
|Type||Carpet area||Unit Structure||Ratio|
|Single bedroom||Up to 30 square metre||1 bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom, toilet||Ratio may vary as per project requirement|
|Dormitory||Up to 10 square metre||Separate bad, side table, shelf, locker, common facilities of kitchen, toilet||Ratio may vary as per project requirement|
|Double bedroom||Up to 60 square metre||2 bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom, toilet||33% of total dwelling unit is permissible|
Registration for Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
- The private and public entities that wish to register under the ARHC scheme must first visit the official website.
- Now on the ARHC’s official website, you will be given the Online Registration option in the menu bar of the website.
- Now click on the option and read and fill in the required details such as:-
- Name of companies / company
- Type of organization / company
- Registered address
- Postal Code
- Owner/Applicant Name as printed on the Aadhaar Card
- Mobile No
- E-mail identity
- Now enter the Captcha code and click the send button.
- Helpline Number- 011-23063266, 23063285, 8130653741
- Email Id- email@example.com